Understanding people movement within airports is essential to managing congestion and improving the customer experience for travellers.
Measuring footfall and popular routes throughout airports is essential to making the most of retail revenues and maximising the return on investment for airport real estate.
Using accurate people counting data can enable true demand driven rostering and staff schedules throughout the airport to accurately reflect customer needs.
Blix Traffic people counting technology uses anonymous customer smartphone data to count people and measure how they move through airports.
Some of the benefits of Blix Traffic include:
Blix Traffic provides much more than just people counts because it uses smartphone data which, while anonymous, does give the ability to identify each individual smartphone. This provides rich data such as:
- retail and food court - what percentage of customers visit these areas of the airport, how often and what time they spend in the retail stores and food courts,
- new vs returning passengers - what percentage of travellers have been seen before vs those that haven't,
- dwell times - on average, what amount of time do passengers spend in particular areas of the airport,
- passenger flows and routes - which paths do passengers take through the airports
- frequency of visits - how often do passengers return to the airport, and
- time between visits - how many days or weeks is it between visits for travellers to the airport.
The accuracy of our data depends on a few factors such as the Wifi hardware used and the environment being measured. The Blix Traffic plug 'n play hardware provides accuracy in the range of 80% to 95% of total people counts. Airports are large spaces and are generally very conducive to measuring people movement with Blix Traffic and as such do not have a negative impact on accuracy.